Kakao Brain complies with the personal information protection regulations and guidelines under the statutes of the Personal Information Protection Act related laws for data subjects to use the service with confidence by protecting their valuable personal information.
Kakao Brain website collects minimum personal information necessary for using the site, apart from personal information for job applications.
[Registration of application]
Mandatory l Name, mobile phone number, e-mail address, password, disability/veteran status, military service
Optional l LinkedIn address, GitHub address, portfolio address, application for skilled industrial personnel - technical research personnel, alien visa, application channel
[Preparation of application and registration for manpower pool]
Mandatory l desired job group, work experience (employment date, resignation date, company name, title, responsibilities, employment form), list of projects and portfolio (starting date, ending date, company name, project title, type, and content, role, used skills), military service-classified)
Optional l self-introduction, academic background (enrollment date, graduation date, graduation, educational institution, major, grades), certificates or licenses (issuance date, name, issuing agency, grade), language skill (language, test, grade/rank, organizer, acquisition date, effective date), awards (award date, award title, institutions, ranks), veteran reward (subject to veteran reward), disability (disability type, class)
[Using the website-automatically created]
Access record (IP address, access time), session cookie information
Private Policy - Automatically collected personal information – The following information may be automatically created and obtained during your use of services. Service usage records (IP address, access date and time), cookies, device information (user's browser type and OS)
We process (collection, use, etc.) personal information of the data subject to:
- Introduce the human resource hiring process and its stages
- Review candidates for job openings among those who registered at the HR database
- Handle and notify of any inquiries received
- Reference check
Kakao Brain uses personal information of the data subject within the scope stated in ‘2. Purpose of processing personal information,’ and it does not use or provide to other persons, companies, or institutions beyond such scope.
However, the personal information of the data subject may be provided to a third party only in case of the following
- Where it obtained separate consent from the data subject (you)
- Where it is inevitable as per special provisions in the law or to comply with statutory obligations
[Cross-border transfer of personal information]
Kakao Brain uses an overseas cloud service, etc. in order to provide services smoothly and increase users’ convenience. In this regard, please refer to the following information for the cross-border of transfer of personal information:
a) Address: 1125 Mission Street San Francisco, CA 94103
b) Tel.: +1 (415) 458-2731
c) Transferred items: applicant registration, application preparation and application through notice- and any and all information regarding registration for manpower pool
d) Destination: U.S.
e) Date: from application with the job opening system f) Method: transmission through a network upon application with the job opening system
g) Purpose: provision of job opening service
h) Retention-use period: until the end of recruitment
a) Address: Mountain View HQ 700 E El Camino Real #300
b) Tel.: +1 (415) 900-4023 (US)
c) Transferred items: e-mail
d) Destination: the U.S.
e) Date: upon registration of recruitment coding test
f) Purpose: provision of coding test service
h) Retention-use period: until the end of recruitment
1) Kakao Brain outsources the following personal information processing to smoothly handle personal information and improve its services. We will notify the data subject in advance of any changes concerning the entity outsourced to process personal information (the outsourcee) or the outsourced work.
- Entity outsourced with the work 1 (outsourcee): Lever
- Details of outsourced tasks: Operation of the job opening solution ( operation and management of IT system regarding job opening)
- Entity outsourced with the work 2 (outsourcee): Wecruit Co., Ltd.
- Details of outsourced tasks: Reference check (if applicable)
- Entity outsourced with the work 3 (outsourcee): HackerRank
- Details of outsourced tasks: Coding test (if applicable)
Kakao Brain outsources the following personal information processing tasks to smoothly handle personal information and improve its services. We further manage and supervise the outsourcee to prevent it from not violating laws related to personal information protection.
1) Kakao Brain processes and retains personal information within the period of retention and use of personal information according to the statutes or within the period of retention and use of personal information agreed upon at the time of collecting personal information from data subjects. Such information will be destroyed without delay once the purpose for personal information processing is achieved.
2) The personal information processing and retention period are as follows. Each of the following information will be destroyed without delay in case the data subject explicitly requests destruction. However, the Internet logs and access point tracking data of the data subject are retained separately for 3 months according to the provisions of the Protection of Communication Secrets Act.
- Job application information, Information registered in the HR database: Acceptant – Retained while employed: Non-acceptant (those rejected from the screening) – Until the recruitment process is complete
1) Kakao Brain destroys personal information without delay when the personal information becomes unnecessary owing to the expiry of the retention period, attainment of the purpose of processing the information, etc.
2) Where the personal information must be retained despite the expiry of the retention period agreed upon by the data object, or attainment of the purpose of processing the information, etc. under other statutes (see ‘5. The period for processing and retaining personal information’), the relevant personal information shall be moved to a separate database (DB) or stored in a different location separate from other personal information.
3) The procedure and method for the destruction of personal information are as follows.
- Destruction procedure: The company selects the personal information for which the reason for destruction occurred and destroys the concerned information with the approval of the person in charge of personal information destruction of the company.
- Destruction method: Personal information recorded and stored in paper documents is destroyed by shredding or incineration. Personal information recorded and stored in electronic files is destroyed using a technical method so that such records cannot be reproduced.
The data subject may exercise rights concerning personal information protection for the following items at any time to Kakao Brain.
- Request access to his/her own personal information
- Request correction of personal information
- Request deletion of personal information
- Request of suspension of processing of personal information
2) Exercise of rights concerning access, correction, deletion, and suspension of processing of personal information will be handled without delay upon contact to the person in charge of personal information protection in writing, by phone or e-mail: Provided, That request of access and correction of personal information in the job application may be restricted in case the submission period of such application is over.
3) Where the data subject requests correction or deletion of personal information errors, such information will not be used or provided until the correction or deletion is complete.
4) Kakao Brain does not collect personal information from children under the age of 14: Provided, That the rights of the legal representative concerning the processing of personal information of children under the age of 14 are guaranteed in the event where personal information of children under the age of 14 is collected.
5) Kakao Brain checks whether the person requesting access, correction, deletion, or suspension of processing according to the rights of the data subject is the person or a legitimate representative.
The company installs and operates cookies and “Google Analytics”, and users may reject them.
Cookies are used to support users with faster and more convenient website and provide customized services.
1) What are cookies?
A cookie is a very small text file that the server for operating the website sends to the user's browser. The file is stored on the user's computer.
Cookies are used to store the user's preferred settings to support a faster web environment and improve services for the convenience of the users. This allows the users to use the service more easily.
Users have the option to install cookies. Therefore, the user may accept all cookies, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies by setting options in the web browser. However, refusing to install cookies may make using the website inconvenient and make it difficult to use some services that require login.
How to set options in the web browser
- Internet Explorer
Tools (on the toolbar at the top of the browser)> Internet Options > Privacy > Settings
Settings (in the setting menu at the right side of the browser) > Show advanced settings > Content setting button for personal information > Cookies
4) How to use Google Analytics service?
The company uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool provided by Google, Inc. (hereafter “Google”) to provide better services. Google Analytics collects the behavioral information of website users, which will be limited to non-identifying information that cannot be used to identify individual users. Website usage information generated by cookies (including IP address) is transmitted and stored by Google, which has servers located in the United States.
You may download and install the browser add-on function from [https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout](https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) if you do not wish to use Google Analytics.
Kakao Brain takes the following administrative, technical, and physical measures to ensure the safety of personal information.
1) Establishment and implementation of the internal personal information management plan
We establish and implement an ‘internal management plan for personal information’ based on the ‘criteria for measures to ensure the safety of personal information’.
2) Minimized designation and training of personal information controllers
We minimize the designation of personal information handlers and conduct regular training.
3) Restricted access to personal information
We restrict access to personal information and control unauthorized access from inside and outside by managing access rights to the database system processing personal information.
4) Storage and prevention of forgery or alteration of access records
We store and manage the records of access to the personal information processing system (access logs) to comply with legal requirements and control access records to prevent forgery or alteration.
5) Encryption of personal information
We use a separate security function for an encrypted use of important personal information of data subjects when storing and transmitting.
6) Security program installation and periodic inspection/update
We install and periodically update and inspect security programs to prevent divulgence and damage of personal information caused by hacking, computer virus, etc.
7) Access restriction of unauthorized persons
We designate a protected area and restrict access concerning the place where personal information is stored.
Kakao Brain designates a privacy officer to take overall responsibility concerning personal information processing and handle complaints and damage relief of data subjects related to personal information processing as follows.
Please contact the privacy officer or the person in charge below if you have any questions, opinions or any possibility of personal information divulgence while using the website. We will take measures without delay and notify you of the outcome.
※ Privacy officer
- Name: Gwang-sup Kim, CTO of Kakao Brain
- Email Address :career@Kakao Brain.com
Furthermore, you may contact the Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee or the Personal Information Infringement Report Center of the Korea Internet & Security Agency for remedy of damage, counseling, etc. from personal information infringement.
- Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee: 1833-6972 ([www.kopico.go.kr)](http://www.kopico.go.kr%29/)
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center: (without area code) 118 (privacy.kisa.or.kr)
- Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau: (without area code) 182 (cyberbureau.police.go.kr)
Provided, That we will notify you of any significant changes in user rights at least 30 days in advance